Office of the Ombudsman
File a complaint about a City Bureau online
Other websites you may find helpful
- 211 Info
- Bureau of Labor and Industries Civil Rights Division
- City Risk Liability Program
- City/County Information and Referral
- Department of Community Services
- DEQ Small Business Ombudsman
- Governor's Advocacy Office
- Governor's Citizens' Representative
- Insurance Division Advocacy Team
- Manufactured Communities Resource Center
- Metro Accountability Hotline
- Multnomah County Auditor's Good Government Hotline
- Oregon Government Waste Hotline
- Oregon Health and Science University Patient Complaints
- Oregon Health Authority Ombudsperson
- Oregon Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Oregon Ombudsman for Injured Workers
- Small Business Advocate
- United States Ombudsman Association
FAQs, Code and Policies
Selected investigations by category (2012 - present)
Publications of the Office of the Ombudsman
The Ombudsman in the news
- "'Predatory' parking fines at private lots and garages get closer City scrutiny." The Oregonian. December 19, 2018.
- News from 2017 and older
- Press releases
- -- Ombudsman's letter referenced by the Willamette Week, June 13, 2018.
- Steve Duin: "Waterboarding and the Water Bureau." The Oregonian. September 7, 2018.
- "Calculated Risk: A New Chapter of Accountability at City Hall." The Portland Mercury. May 23, 2018.
- "City regulators let developers use fake names." Willamette Week. June 13, 2018.
- "City watchdog says Portland demolition policy undermined by bureaucratic errors." The Oregonian. July 12, 2018.
- "Portland 911, at rock bottom, looks to reach the top." The Oregonian. August 25, 2018.
- "Portland demolition rules targeting lead dust, asbestos take effect." The Oregonian. July 12, 2018.
- "Portland slapped with lawsuit over failed move of homeless camp to Central Eastside site." The Oregonian. August 16, 2018.
- "Portland's failed homeless camp move to Central Eastside threatens longtime business." The Oregonian. June 13, 2018.