In order to keep our community centers and other facilities in good condition, each year, Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) conducts annual maintenance reviews and in some cases, closes facilities for a period time to do safety checks, deep cleans, and small updates or fixes.
PP&R is committed to providing safe and dependable facilities. Though we know planned closures (or partial closures) may cause some inconvenience, they allow us to address facility maintenance needs safely and efficiently to minimize impacts during the rest of the year.
Please be prepared for limited or no access to specific facilities during the annual maintenance periods identified below. In some circumstances it may be necessary for PP&R to close part of or an entire facility temporarily while disruptive maintenance occur. Some examples include fumes from paint and cleaning materials, interior upgrades (electrical, mechanical, minor-construction), and work requiring our pools to be drained.
If you have a membership at one of our large community centers, please inquire with the front desk about your options for visiting other centers during your center's closure. If you have additional questions regarding your center's maintenance closure, please contact the center's director.
- December 31 - January 4, Mt. Tabor Maintenance Yard
- January 7 - 18, Pittock Mansion
- January 22 - 25, Leach Botanical Garden
- January 28 - February 1, Carnegie Annex and Rose City Golf Course
- February 4 - 8, Irv Lind Stadium and East Moreland Golf Course
- February 11 - 15, Walker Stadium and Colwood Golf Center
- February 19 - 22, Sckavone Stadium and Heron Lakes Golf Course
- August 19 - September 2, Matt Dishman Community Center—Building Closed
- August 24 - October 6, Southwest Indoor Pool Closed for re-plaster project
- September 3 - 13, Southwest Community Center—limited drop-in fitness schedule 9/3-9/8, building closed 9/9-9/13
- September 16 - 27, Mt. Scott Community Center—Building Closed, pool closed September 14-27
- September 30 - October 11, East Portland Community Center—Building Closed
- October 14 - 19, Peninsula Park Community Center—Building Closed
- October 28 - November 11, Woodstock Community Center—Building Closed
- November 25 - 29, St. Johns Community Center—Building Closed
- December 14 - January 1, Columbia Pool—Building Closed
Types of work PP&R performs during maintenance closures
- Painting and patching
- Door inspection and repair
- High ceiling light bulb replacements
- Fire alarm testing
- Environmental and building material testing inspection (e.g. lead, radon, asbestos)
- Electrical system testing
- Deep cleaning and polishing
- Miscellaneous repairs that could not be done earlier in the year