Interested in Social Service Permits in parks?
We can help!
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) helps those what wish to provide social services to support improved health, safety, and quality of life to Portlanders. Please note the following:
- PP&R allows one social service activity per park, per week.
- Permits are required and fee waivers are available.
- PP&R will waive park usage fees for approved permits.
- As long as all permits, insurance forms, and other required documents are received 30 days of more in advance of the first date reserves, no application fee will be assessed.
- Please remember, your park permit may require approval from other governmental agencies such as Multnomah County Health (food handlers permit) and City of Portland Noise Control Office (noise variance for amplified sound).
- Depending on the chosen park, and size and complexity of each event, some social service permits may require additional amenities, such as dumpsters, portable restrooms, security, and more. If required, the cost of these additional amenities are not waived under the social services policy.
- Insurance coverage is required.
In order to steward our land for this generation and the next, PP&R strives to create a culture of "Leave No Trace". Leave No Trace is guided by Urban Park Principles put forward by the Center for Outdoor Ethics and include:
- Know before you go: plan ahead and get required permits
- Trash your trash and puck up dog poop
- Leave what you find - rocks, flowers, etc.
- Keep wildlife wild and stick to trails
- Fires allowed only in designated areas (and no smoking)
- Be considerate of other visitors
Thank you for making sure you leave our parks as good or better than you found them.
Need more information?
Contact the PP&R Customer Service Center at 503-823-2525.